When it comes to skincare, Retinol, also called Vitamin A1, is one of the most potent ingredients that work magically on multiple skincare issues at a time. It is essential for the skin, eyes, and immune and reproductive systems. While there are multiple uses of this vitamin A derivative for skin, you can find Retinol Serum for treating mature skin concerns majorly.
What is Retinol?
Retinol is a powerful ingredient to treat wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and acne. There are many ways to get this nutrient. First, you can consume foods rich in vitamin A, such as salmon, eggs, carrots, sweet potatoes, milk, butter, cod liver oil, plums, leafy green vegetables, and tomatoes.
You can also find supplements rich in vitamin A such as multivitamins, beta carotene, and retinyl acetate. These vitamin sources contribute in a great way to improving skin, hair, and overall health conditions. However, they may be required in greater quantities externally for growing people.
Retinol is a term often used for products containing this vitamin A form. However, it is technically a type of retinoid with many variations used for different requirements. Overall, retinoids work to increase the production of collagen and skin cells. They are used to treat several skin issues, such as blackheads, acne, clogged pores, fine lines, wrinkles, etc. They offer better results when used with products like vitamin c serum for the face.
Who can use Retinol products?
There are tremendous benefits to using Retinol. It may suit all skin types. However, there can be a few people whose skin may not accept this ingredient. People with sensitive skin might find it difficult to handle as it can lead to irritation, extreme dryness, and allergies. You don’t have to worry much here.
There are many versions of retinoids. One of them is Adapalene, which suits sensitive skin. Adapalene has a milder effect on the skin and is FDA-approved to treat various skin concerns.
Uses of Retinol or Retinoids in daily life
To reap the benefits of a successful skincare regime, you can include a retinol-based product to do wonders. You can use retinol serum for effective results. This serum comes with other natural ingredients to serve the purpose of your skin issue while giving you bright, healthy skin.
You can always add a vitamin C serum for your face with your retinol cream to maintain a balance. While Retinol will protect the skin from acne and premature aging, vitamin C will protect it from free radical damage and prolonged exposure to the sun.
Is your skin not accepting the benefits of Retinol as expected? If yes, you should use a gentle face wash, cleanser, and moisturizer to soothe the skin. Applying a moisturizer to your skin before applying a retinol product can help greatly in reducing the number of side effects. You can also use a retinol product only once a week for the initial months to see how it works on your skin. This can then be increased further depending on the results you experience.
Bestsellers: Mamaearth’s Best Face Serum with Retinol to minimize anti-aging signs
You can opt for Mamaearth’s Retinol Face Serum. It is enriched with the goodness of super-powerful Retinol and also has natural ingredients like Bakuchi, Linseed Oil, and Cottonseed Oil. This amazing product is perfect to bid goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles. As a safe and gentle retinol serum, It promises to restore the skin’s lost elasticity and offers smooth and glowing skin.
It contains the following ingredients:
- Retinol: This potent ingredient in the Mamaearth Retinol Serum works to reverse the signs of aging and protect it from sun damage. It boosts collagen production in the skin and smoothens the skin by reducing visible signs of wrinkles and fine lines. In addition, it plumps up the skin, giving you a natural glow.
- Bakuchi: This natural ingredient comes with anti-inflammatory properties. Bakuchi minimizes discoloration and improves hyper-pigmentation in the skin, which is caused due to excess production of melanin as the skin ages.
- Linseed Oil: Along with the goodness of Retinol, this ingredient works side by side to balance the potency with the help of Linseed Oil. It works inside out to moisturize and hydrate the skin, reducing the visibility of wrinkles and other aging signs.
- Cotton Seed Oil: Cotton seed oil is known for its high Vitamin E concentrations, antioxidants, and fatty acids. These ingredients help reduce the many signs of aging and offer other benefits.
How to apply Mamaearth Retinol Face Serum?
Applying Mamaearth’s Retinol Face Serum is easy. You can apply it like every other moisturizer or face serum. Here’s how to apply Mamaearth Retinol Face Serum:
- Pump a small drop on your fingertip.
- Apply multiple dots around your face and neck.
- Gently massage the serum in an upward circular motion.
- Apply this serum at night for the best results.
- Ensure you sleep facing upwards (if possible) to avoid contact with the pillow.
Retinol should not be sued at night. You should use something else then!
The best way to do so is to look for a serum that works at night. Are you looking for a vitamin c serum for the face? Then, opt for 10% Vitamin C Essence Serum with Vitamin C and Gotu Kola for Skin Illumination from Mamaearth. Here’s what you can achieve from this product:
- Vitamin C: It fights sun damage and smoothens the skin by regenerating new skin cells.
- Gotu Kola Oil: The hydrating and antioxidant properties help restore the skin’s elasticity by promoting collagen synthesis.
- Niacinamide: Its anti-inflammatory properties help improve skin tone and restore skin elasticity.
Note that if you choose to apply the vitamin C serum, maintain a time gap between applying the two products.
Using a Retinol Serum is vital in improving skin quality, especially for those in their aging years. While this can be a strong ingredient to apply for a few people, there are many ways to enjoy the benefits of Retinol. Along with applying the product, keep an eye on your diet and exercise regimes. This will help you go a long way in improving your skin health.