MPPSC is the short form of the Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission. MPPSC is a state government-run institution in Madhya Pradesh. UPSC is its parent commission (Union Public Service Commission).
MPPSC Syllabus For Prelims
The MPPSC syllabus consists of Prelims and Mains exam. MPPSC Pre Syllabus is divided into two sections: General Studies and General Aptitude Test, whereas the MPPSC Mains Syllabus is divided into six sections: General Studies-I, II, III, IV, Hindi, and Hindi essay.
Paper 1 Syllabus
Paper 1 of the MPPSC Prelims is a general studies paper that includes questions from history, political science, geography, economics, and a variety of other areas.
The following are important topics from various areas of the MPPSC syllabus 2022 from which questions can be asked:
Madhya Pradesh’s Heritage, Culture, and Literature
- Madhya Pradesh’s history by big events and dynasties.
- Madhya Pradesh’s contribution to the independence struggle
- Madhya Pradesh’s Major Arts and Sculpture
- Madhya Pradesh’s Most Important Tribes and Dialects
India’s struggle for independence
- Indian National Movement for Independence
- India’s integration and reorganization
Madhya Pradesh’s Geography
- Madhya Pradesh’s forests, forest products, wildlife, rivers, mountains, and mountain ranges.
- Madhya Pradesh’s climate
- Madhya Pradesh’s Mineral and Natural Resources
- Madhya Pradesh Transportation
The World and India’s Geography
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non-conventional
- Forests, minerals, water, agriculture, wildlife, and national parks/sanctuaries/safaris
- Population-related Demography in Social Geography (Population growth, Age, Sex ratio, Literacy)
Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh
- Constitutional System of Madhya Pradesh (Governor, Council of Ministers, Legislative Assembly, High Court)
- The three-tier system of Panchayati Raj and Urban Administration in Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh’s Economy
- Economic Development of Madhya Pradesh
- Big Industries of MP
- Castes of Madhya Pradesh, SC and ST Castes of Madhya Pradesh, and Major Welfare Schemes of State
Constitution Government and Economy of India
- Government India Act 1919 and 1935
- Constituent Assembly
- Indian Economy, Industrial Development and Foreign Trade, Import and Export
- Union Executive, President, and Parliament
- Fundamental Rights and Duties of the Citizens and Directive Principles of State policy
Science and Technology
- Important Indian Scientific Research Institutions and their achievements, Satellite and Space technology
- Environment and Biodiversity
- Health Policies and Programs
- Ecological System
- Nutrition, Food, and Nutrients
- Pollution and Natural disasters
- Human Body
- Agricultural Product Technology
- Food Processing
Current International and National Affairs
- Important Personalities, Places and Major Events
- Popular Sports Institutes, Sports Awards and Contests in Madhya Pradesh and India
Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, Information and Communication Technology
- Robotics, Artificial Intelligence and Cyber Security
- Internet and Social Networking Sites
National and Regional Constitutional Bodies
- Comptroller and Auditor General
- State Election Commission
- NITI Aayog
- Women Commission
- Human Rights Commission
- National Green Tribunal
- Child Protection Commission
- Information Commission
- Food Preservation Commission
Paper 2 Syllabus
Paper-2 of the MPPSC Syllabus for Pre will be of General Aptitude, with questions from Mathematics, Reasoning, English Language, and Decision Making.
The Syllabus for the General Aptitude Section includes the following topics.
- English Comprehension
- Communication skills (with interpersonal skills).
- Logical reasoning and critical thinking ability.
- Mental Ability
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Comprehension of Hindi (Class X level)
The Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commision is a tough exam to crack. The prelims for MPPSC syllabus is mentioned above, and you can easily prepare for it with BYJU’S Exam Prep.