We all know that Pune is known as an education hub. There are many world famous education institutions in Pune. India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, called Pune as “The Oxford of the east” due to its popularity with students from all over the world. The city has a temperate climate and thus there are many colleges with lush green campuses and the prevalent academic mindset amongst Punekars helps nurture research and higher education.
Pune is famous for its higher education. Students from all over India, and around the world come to Pune to get higher education as it offers qualitative and inexpensive courses. Pune offers education in a lot of disciplines in Engineering, Commerce, Arts, Computer sciences, Medical sciences, and Law.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune is one of the famous and top colleges for medical education in India. This college is affiliated to Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University. Let us get some more information about the college.
In February 1989, Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) Medical College, Pune was established. It is renowned across India for its academic excellence and infrastructural facilities. It was initially affiliated to the University of Pune. It then became a constituent unit of Bharati Vidyapeeth (Deemed to be University) in April 1996.
Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College is located on main Pune – Satara Road in the southern part of Pune city about 5 km from Swargate. On a sprawling lush green campus, the Medical College and attached teaching hospital has occupied 25 acres of land.
Highlights Of Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune
Have a look at the table for quick facts about Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune:
|Intake for MBBS Course||August|
|Processing Time for MBBS Admission||45-60 days|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes, it is compulsory|
|Annual Tuition Fees for MBBS (Approx.)||Rs.18.43 lakhs/year (approx.)|
|Course Duration||5 and a half years (with internship)|
|Medium of Education||English|
|University Ranking||Country – 178
World – 5768
|University Recognition||Approved by NMC|
According to 4icu.org, the following is the country and world ranking for Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune. Have a look:-
Courses Run at Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College, Pune
Along with MBBS and MD courses Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College offers various Diploma courses too in child health, Ophthalmology, Anesthesia, Orthopedics, Dermatology and many other such subjects.
What Benefits You Can Get By Studying At Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College?
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College has a very easy admission process based on the NEET exam and simple eligibility criteria.
- The college offers a variety of courses under one roof.
- It has state of the art infrastructure, modern and spacious classrooms and laboratories.
- The college provides different facilities to its students such as library, auditorium, guest house, transportation, sports, lecture halls, computers, 24 hours electricity and mainly the hostel facility for students from outside Pune.
- The college has excellent library facilities with reference books, advanced digital library facilities, national and international journals, etc.
- The college has an affiliated hospital known as Bharati hospital where students can do their internship for 1 year.
- This college and its affiliated hospital covers a total area of 75 acres with four storied buildings, 5 main lecture halls, big corridors, ample space & lush greenery surroundings.
- This institute offers 20 department courses and the pre-clinical & Para clinical departments are in the main building .All the departments have well-furnished and air conditioned rooms, well equipped Laboratories, LCD Projectors, and many research facilities.
- The students get great benefit of learning in this institute as they can easily appear for USMLE & PLAB exams.
- The college has highly qualified faculty members who are always there to solve the problems of students. The college has its own hospital so that students can get practical training from there & can improve their performance.
- The college has a special Medical education technology unit which provides advanced training skills to the teachers of the college which increases their knowledge for effective teaching.
- The students are also encouraged to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities too so that they can showcase their talents.
These ‘n’ number of benefits attracts students from Pune, and all over India to get admission into Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College.
About Research Facilities at the college
- Research is an important and integral part of training.
- The college has completed a number of research projects and many are underway.
- The college also runs a medical journal known as Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical Journal where students’ research papers can get published.
- The college has been able to generate a grant of more than Rs.5 cores so far. Due to this many publications, faculty from this college are invited nationally and internationally for many conferences and workshops.
So, this was the brief introduction of Bharati Vidyapeeth Medical College. Hope this information is helpful for you!!
Study hard, give your best and achieve success in whatever you do! All the best for your future!!